Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ironstone or Not

Hey friends. 

 

Busy preparing for my first ever real life barnsale and I can’t wait!!

 

Myself, along with the owners of the shop, High Cotton, where I spend a lot of my time now, are participating in Sweet Ila Mae’s barn sale in Quebeck, Tennessee, June 6-8.  We are totally excited.  We have picked and picked, planned, prepared, and prayed our way through the preparations and are ready to get our barnsale on. 

 

One of our favorite things to shop for has been great old ironstone pieces.  The thing is, I love it all myself so I have had to keep a few pieces just for me.  The other thing is, I really don’t have to have just ironstone because I just love old white dishes in general.  All of the beautiful crazing, chips, glued on handles, I love it all. 

 

dishes 1

 

Such character can be found in each and every piece.  Don’t you agree?

 

dishes 2

 

The stack of bowls reminds me of layers of ruffles.

 

The pie stand showcases the varying shades of white that I have grown to love in my dishes, my home, and even my wardrobe.

 

dishes 3

 

Yes, there’s even a potty on my buffet.  Love it too.

 

If you are in middle Tennessee on the weekend of June 6-8, head on over to Sweet Ila Mae’s in Quebeck, TN, and look for the booth filled with great farmhouse finds and bundles and bundles of beautiful cotton and wonderful lavender. 

 

Blessings sweet friends.  Don’t ever forget that you are loved by the Creator of the universe.

Print

15 comments:

Becky said...

I love ironstone, too! I, also, love that giant pie stand! Where did you find it? I would love to have one.
Becky
thetwomblyfamily@gmail.com

Rose L said...

I just got rid of a couple pieces of ironstone! I am going to downsize and had to sell items and an antique dealer bought many knickknacks as well as 5 pieces of furniture. You have quite the ironstone collection.

Karen Ann said...

Where is Quebeck? I live in Shelbyville, which is 50 miles south of Nashville. All your ironstone is beautiful and I would love to come and check it out in person!!

White Lace and Promises said...

Those need to go in the shop. Hint! Hint! I'll be coming through in a couple of weeks:) Love the laced edges on the square bowls. Cutie patootie! Yes, my friend. Glad I'm loved by the one true King!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Amy,
Oh how exciting to be a vendor at your first barn show. Can you e-mail me a link to more info about this show...I could use a road trip.

Blessings,
Linda
coastal.charm@yahoo.com

Becky Cunningham said...

I love all of your ironstone! It is so gorgeous with all the crazing and shades of white. That pie stand is pretty amazing too!! I sure wish I could come shop the barn sale...I know your booth will be fabulous. Missing you badly :) HUGS

Diana Lucas said...

Wish I didn't live so far away. Good luck with your sale!

Passionate for White said...

You have some really great pieces...chippy and all :)

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
Drats!!!
It's not in the plan to travel this year. . .going to miss the event of the year, I'm afraid!!! Mcuh $uccess, dear friend!!!
I have a few pieces of ironstone! I avoid the beautiful crazing, chips, glued on handles,and search for pieces in prisitine condition. I'm sure I'm getting "booed & hissed" at by your followers, but it's my Traditional roots, dear ones!!! To each his own. . .that's what keeps this world moving along!!!
LOVE the vignette of your ironstone on the buffet!!! (Did I redeem myself?)
Have an amazingly wonderful experience at your FIRST Barn $ale!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Monnaie said...

Nice interior decoration!

time worn interiors said...

Great vignette! I love ironstone!
tot

Burlap Luxe said...

So enjoyed m'y visit, and love your plate stand of aged ironstone.
Love your vignettes of beauty.
Xx
Dore

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Hello Ann, Just wanted to drop by and tell you to have the very best of time at your Barn Sale this weekend. I hope it is a tremendous success - somehow I feel quite confident it will be!!! You'll be exhausted... but it will be a good exhaustion! Can't wait to hear all about it. - Dori -

Bmore Bungalow said...

Ironstone is so beautiful to me. Great pieces.

Bmore Bungalow said...

Ironstone is so beautiful to me. Great pieces.