Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Favorite Thing…One Photo Post

Hey my friends!

 

A day to myself meant a little extra clean up around the house and a few minor things moved from here to there.

 

I do very little fluffing in my house right now because I’m usually fluffing at the shop I help at.    Such fun.

 

Anyway…

 

I had to show you one of my favorite things that my husband gave me recently.

 

Mind you, it is not old.   I do have an old one but it doesn’t work (yet).

 

lr 16

 

I love this little telephone. 

 

No, it’s not convenient, but that doesn’t really matter when it looks so great.

 

I love old rotary phones.  I love the sound the numbers make as they turn their circle.    I have the perfect rotary dial phone that reminds me of the one my grandparents had growing up.  I just have to figure out where to take it to have it fixed.

 

A favorite gift from my sweet husband who knows me oh so well.

 

By the way, the barnsale we participated in last weekend was fabulous!  What a great first sale for us.  Yes, we will definitely be doing it again! 

 

Be blessed beyond measure my friends.

Print

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Amy! I love it when you update.
Glad that your busyness is a happy business.

(Yes, that was an attempt at a play on words. Lame,I know. )

My older daughter has a little "thing" for rotary phones just like that. It's funny because she has no real memory of them like you and I do, but she loves them anyway.

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

How completely wonderful!

I can still see my great-grandmother talking on her rotary phone, rocking in her rocking chair, smiling and laughing.

Such a sweet gift!
Have a happy one,
Lin

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Oh yes...I love these old phones too. My sister has the one from my parents house. Happy to hear that the sale went well for you. I would love to see pics of it.

Blessings,
Linda

Diana Lucas said...

Hi Amy, Your whole vignette is perfect, and the old phone just gives it a little pop! I remember those phones and I loved the dialing sound too. Thanks for bringing back a memory. Glad things are going well at the shop and you had a great sale. Take care, Diana

Marilyn Holeman said...

Hi Amy, I live in the mountains, and when our power goes out, I pull out the (ugly) rotary phone, and it works without power. So you just might find it useful sometime, after all--and yours is cute! :-)

Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home} said...

Found you over on Must Love Junk. I'm your newest follower! Love the phone, I saw one in Goodwill today very similar only it had (gasp)buttons rather than a rotary dial!
xo Kathleen

White Lace and Promises said...

So glad to see a post. We've missed you. You've been one busy woman! Love a rotary dial phone. I'll have to get my pink one out and photograph again.

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Amy,
So sweet to see your post. Love your telephone. I have a few too. Not useful but ohhhhh so sweet in the decor. What a sweet gift.
Kris

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
I L O V E it when they "get" us!!!
Great telephone!!!
EnJOY!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Robin Johnson said...

It's very cute and probably very fun to use too!

laura Madalene said...

Your home is so beautiful, and so warm and welcoming as well. You are so kind and helpful to include all the information and resource lists you provide, so I am a bit embarrassed to even ask this weird question: what kind of beverage bottles do you have in your bottle holder? They are the perfect size for a similar holder I have. Thank you!
House Designed

my cozy ❤ little space said...

very encouraging and warm blog i found yours thrue other bloggers...blessings...